German Speaking Software Test Professionals
Company Profile – Who we are
SQS is a professional IT consultancy and is the world’s leading specialist in software quality. As a consultancy we offer a career working on high profile projects in a variety of industries alongside highly skilled and passionate fellow consultants. Our goal is to help companies optimise their business processes, develop top-class products and improve their performance through enhanced software quality.
We are seeking talented Test professionals (QA Analyst, Automation Analyst and QA Lead) with fluent German and a proven track record in solution delivery. The candidates will be highly professional, self-motivated, have excellent communication and problem solving skills, and have the ability to effectively manage stakeholders. You will be part of a high performance team and will have the opportunity to excel and grow your career delivering quality at a fast pace.
As a QA Analyst you will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing tests in a custom development environment in line with agreed plans and strategies. As a member of a highly collaborative, dynamic test team, the QA Analyst will be asked to provide mentoring, leadership and direction to other team members, as well as ensuring the quality of the team’s output is of a consistently high standard.
As an Automation Analyst, the position requires a self-motivated professional providing cutting-edge automation solutions to clients. Bespoke solutions are delivered using a wide range of commercial and open-source tools. The Automation Analyst will need to work collaboratively with our customers to scope, plan, implement and refine automation solutions specific to requirements.
As a QA Lead, you will be responsible for leading QA Analysts through the process of reviewing and implementing the new methodologies & tools throughout the client project. In addition, you will provide mentoring, leadership and direction to other team members, as well as ensuring the quality of the team’s output is of a consistently high standard and ensuring regularly updates to the QA Manager
- Document and execute high quality test plans for functional areas in scope
- Analyse complex requirements and review acceptance criteria to ensure they are for fit for purpose, testable and can have tests developed to explicitly test and guide acceptance
- Create comprehensive and well defined test scripts that are traceable back to requirements
- Creation and re-testing of defects including steps to reproduce and attach the correct evidence
- Execution of database and API queries
- Identifying test data requirements for test cases
- Execution of functional, regression and integration test scripts across different test phases such as System Integration and UAT
- Lead/participate in defect triage discussions and challenge development perception of severity
- Interrogate the underlying databases to extract test data and execute SQL statements to prove test results
- Ensure regression testing is performed in a manner that recognizes the risks of introducing defects into the environment
- Escalate risks and issues to the appropriate level to ensure resolution
- Design, plan, implement and maintain automation test frameworks using commercial or open-source tools (especially Selenium). This includes;
- Building automation test cases based on functional test assets.
- Working collaboratively with other teams during test preparation and execution activities.
- Investigating and debug application defects.
- Producing clear and concise reports during the lifecycle of an automation project.
- Identifying opportunities for further test automation or efficiencies through automation.
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage own Automation deliverables
- At Least 3 years’ experience in a Test lead position
- Test estimation and test planning experience essential
- Creating functional test plans and test data, maintaining the integrity of the test environment
- Quality focused with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to schedule tasks to manage time and project priorities
- Reporting issues to management where these could have an impact on a major deadline
- Experience working in a team-orientated, collaborative environment, mentoring less experienced analysts and motivating others to provide innovative solutions for team improvement
- All aspects of defect management – logging defects, triage defects before assignment, defect prioritisation and defect re-testing
- Fluent German
- ISTQB certification in Software Testing
- Technical skills – SQL, UNIX, API testing
- Experience with JIRA, TestRail advantageous
Benefits of working for SQS
- The opportunity to work independently on tasks for challenging, international projects within a successful team and with a high degree of personal freedom in your role.
- Challenging tasks that you and the SQS team bring to a successful conclusion.
- A constant stream of new challenges within a consultancy firm renowned for its forward-looking methods and technologies.
- A dedicated career path designed to challenge you and further your knowledge in specialist consulting
- Extensive training to develop the essential skills you will need to develop your career with SQS.
- Benefits, such as a pension, private healthcare, Salary insurance, dental care, mobile phone, laptop, family days and regular social events.
- €2000 relocation package offered to candidates who are relocating to Ireland.
- We were recognised as a Great Place to Work in Ireland 2015 and 2016.