Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon). Get to know the role
What you'll do
- Job Title: Associate Social Media Manager - German Market
- Job Summary: Social Media Associate Manager - German Market will support TPCi's Regional Social Media programme by executing Social Media tactics primarily for TPCi's German markets. They will develop and execute localised content plans and community interaction across multiple channels including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and beyond.
- People Manager: No
What you'll bring
- Maintain existing Regional Social Media strategy, developing Social Media content plans for German-speaking market, executing on multiple channels including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok and beyond.
- Work with product-focused Social Media colleagues to ensure distribution of campaign assets is coordinated across social platforms and optimised for the German market.
- Create and maintain a German Market specific content calendar in association with Senior Manager.
- Collaborate on digital asset development and approval processes with internal stakeholders for German Market content.
- Monitor German Market Pokémon brand conversation through Social Media channels and social listening platforms, providing business intelligence as required by stakeholders
- Track daily posts and content performance for German Market, ensuring performance targets are met, assisting Senior Manager with reporting and analysis as required.
- Participate in approvals of TPCi external partner content within German market in accordance with TPCi's Social Media policies.
- Communicate departmental needs and provide guidance to community moderation team, ensuring vendor maintains TPCi's guidelines, standards, and escalation policies.
- Develop and maintain expanded levels of support for TPCi event coverage, attending TPCi events and tournaments as needed, including enhanced content creation and community engagement.
- Assist the wider Social Media team on special projects and ad hoc requests as required.
How you'll be successful
- Two (2) to four (4) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Native German language skills and fluency in English.
- Ideal candidate will have recent Social Media experience in social media or community communications for a well-known entertainment property.
- Detailed knowledge of Social Media platforms, including brand-specific features and functionality for YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and beyond.
- Experience with strict brand and/ or legal guidelines.
- Experience with social analytics tools.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite preferred.
- Ability to travel for TPCi events.
What to expect
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between £45,000.00 - £53,200.00 . The full range is £45,000.00 - £67,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.