At Alstom, we understand transport networks and what moves people. From high-speed trains, metros, monorails, and trams, to turnkey systems, services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility, we offer our diverse customers the broadest portfolio in the industry. Every day, 74,000 colleagues lead the way to greener and smarter mobility worldwide, connecting cities as we reduce carbon and replace cars.
Could you be the full-time Buyer with German
in Cluj-Napoca, Romania
we're looking for? Your future role
Take on a new challenge and apply your supply chain expertise in a new cutting-edge field. You'll report to Oana Maniutiu
(Country Team Lead, Cluj-Napoca
), and work alongside passionate, dedicated, hard-working, and fun teammates.
You'll be responsible of the Procurement end-to-end process in a complex manner with a significant impact in managing critical orders, ensuring the production needs, having strong relationship with both local and external stakeholders and by these assuring the delivery of our products to our customers and business profitability.
You'll specifically align with the suppliers on the orders for ensuring best price and needed delivery term, but also manage cases of disagreements.We'll look to you for:
All about you
- Create of Purchase Orders and Schedule Agreements;
- Price/Contract alignments with Commodity Management/Suppliers. (Offer for PO, Extension of Contracts, Escalation of topics (e.g. Critical Components);
- Ensure Order Acknowledgments; ensure On Time Delivery;
- Maintain a strong relationship with the stakeholders (Commodity Management, Regional Management, site of production and suppliers);
- Ensure the blocked invoices and Critical payments are being solved when needed;
- Weekly reporting on KPI's including actions and mitigations;
- Contract/Alignments with Suppliers in case of differences (Confirmation/Deliveries). Alignments via phone/e-mail in case of differences between Confirmation and PO. Escalation to Commodity;
- Develop professionalism by learning business practices in Procurement;
- Develop working knowledge on processes and tools;
- Develop ownership skills because of the impact of the role;
- Manage various tools which give a technical complexity;
- Resolve issues related to Purchase Orders (1st level of escalation).
We value passion and attitude over experience. That's why we don't expect you to have every single skill. Instead, we've listed some that we think will help you succeed and grow in this role:
Things you'll enjoy
- Degree level qualification;
- 1-3 years' experience in a relevant position;
- Negotiation/Influencing skills, Analytical skills, Process-oriented mind-set, Technical abilities, Very Good Communication and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and German;
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP.
Join us on a life-long transformative journey - the rail industry is here to stay, so you can grow and develop new skills and experiences throughout your career. You'll also:
- Enjoy stability, challenges and a long-term career free from boring daily routines;
- Be part of a large team with over 800 professionals in HR, Finance and Procurement & Supply Chain;
- Collaborate with transverse teams and helpful colleagues;
- Utilise our Agile, Responsible and Inclusive working environment;
- Steer your career in whatever direction you choose across functions and countries;
- Benefit from our investment in your development, through award-winning learning (Access to Alstom University and Alstom Learning Program);
- Professional Development Plan - we offer great opportunities to develop yourself within the company;
- Benefit from a fair and dynamic reward package that recognises your performance and potential (Competitive Salary and Meal Vouchers, Flexible Benefits at your choice - on top of your salary, Holiday Bonuses (Easter, Christmas), Employee Loyalty Bonus, Reimbursement of telework expenses - for amount of days worked from home, Additional Bonuses - referral bonuses, new-born bonus, discounts);
- Entitle to comprehensive and competitive social coverage (Life and Accident Insurance, Private medical subscription at Regina Maria and Private Pension);
- Work-life balance - we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of work ( Working from Home 3 days/week) and 25 days of annual leave;
- Be part of our Social Corporate Responsibilities initiatives (Social events, Humanitarian Actions).
You don't need to be a train enthusiast to thrive with us. We guarantee that when you step onto one of our trains with your friends or family, you'll be proud. If you're up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!Important to note
As a global business, we're an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates diversity across the 70+ countries we operate in. We're committed to creating an inclusive workplace for everyone.