Company Counsel Would you like to be a trusted legal partner to our Sales team?Do you enjoy collaborating with teams to deliver impactful legal support that makes a difference?
This role can be performed home based in Germany.About our Team
Our team provides legal support in the areas of sales, product development, technology, publishing and ethics, procurement, litigation, compliance and acquisitions. We operate in sub-teams, guiding different business areas and collaborate across teams to support each other's areas of expertise. We partner with our organisation to deliver knowledgeable and sound legal expertise.About the Role
You will provide legal support and guidance to our Sales teams for both the corporate and academic markets. You will collaborate closely with our contracts manager who operates between our sales support teams and our legal team. You will provide advice and expertise for commercial transactions by partnering directly with our customers.Responsibilities
- Providing support to our Sales group for transactional matters including legal advice, contract negotiation and drafting;
- Supporting strategies, templates, training and policies by coordinating and assisting on roll-outs and implementations;
- Providing best in practice professional legal services to organisation to ensure deliver an impactful service;
- Becoming a trusted business partner to our stakeholder management team by building successful and collaborative relationships;
- Being an advocate for our team by driving and endorsing collaboration, open communication and impactful change.
Work in a way that works for you
- Have a Law degree and demonstrate substantial experience supporting commercial contracting;
- Experience working with commercial teams is a must;
- Show a high degree of integrity and authenticity;
- Demonstrate solid legal experience working in a global-matrix environment;
- Be a collaborative team player with a willingness to deliver successful solutions to interesting problems;
- Be client and partnership focused with an approachable and flexible;
- Show knowledge of Intellectual Property (IP);
- Be client and partnerships focused and able to build and maintain relationships by being approachable and flexible;
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German.
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
• Working remotely from home or in our office in a flexible hybrid style
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the dayWorking with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career.About Us
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world's grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.Join Us
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.