Controller with GermanLife Unlimited.
At Smith+Nephew we design and manufacture technology that takes the limits off living.
As the Financial Controller for Germany and Austria, your main mission is to make sure we have top-notch financial reports delivered on time for various purposes, whether it's for our group, management, or the legal requirements. You'll also keep a close eye on our finances, ensuring our balance sheet is accurate, and you'll be responsible for making sure all financial transactions run smoothly.
In this role, you'll lead a team and manage relationships with different business units and stakeholders. That means you'll need to work with people both inside and outside the company, including customers and government agencies like tax authorities. You might also need to have a good understanding of tax and regulations in multiple areas. Your work will involve connecting with people from different countries and backgrounds.What will you be doing?
What will you need to be successful?
- Design and Implement Efficient Financial Services: Your primary responsibility will be to create and put in place financial services for specific business units align with our finance standards and compliant with our control frameworks.
- Manage Change Smoothly: You'll also work on change management strategies to make sure our solutions are accepted by everyone, both inside and outside the organization, including auditors.
- Strengthen Control Culture: You'll create and enforce a strong culture of financial controls and a framework that ensures compliance with our Group's standards, finance manual, and SOX methodology. This involves close collaboration with the Controllership function in Finance.
- Drive Service Transformation: Your task will involve transforming our financial services to reduce costs while maintaining strong controls and keeping our accounting accurate and reliable.
- Build and Lead High-Performing Team: You'll be in charge of building a top-tier Finance Operations team in GBS. This involves recruiting, training, and nurturing talent to ensure they excel in their roles.
- Identify and Prioritize Improvements: Your role will also include identifying and prioritizing future improvement opportunities, such as simplifying processes, standardizing procedures, and finding ways to make our business more efficient.
At Smith+Nephew we offer
- Education: Degree qualified & professional qualification
- Licenses / certifications: ACA / ACCA / CA /CPA / CMA or equivalent
- Experience: 7+ year's reporting and controlling experience. Experience of offshored / outsourced Accounts Payable, Credit, Collections and Cash application transactional finance processes. Sound overview of end to end operational and financial controls, business processes and reporting.
- Nice to have: Relevant industry experience (manufacturing and sales) advantageous, ideally in Medical Devices or Pharmaceuticals. Experience of SAP (ECC6) and/or Hyperion. Working knowledge SOX regulatory framework where applicable.
- Fluency in English and German.
- Strong leadership skills to recruit, manage, coach, train and motivate employees to achieve company objectives; delivers results personally and also from team members by setting performance expectations and holding people accountable. Stakholder management and ability to influence and communicate at a senior level.
Work in company with meaningful purpose
private health care with dental care package| multisport card/my benefit platform | life insurance
subsidies for trainings and language classes | postgraduate studies
possibilities to grow within company
wellbeing programs | mentoring program | ESG programs
annual bonus | company stock saving plan | recognition program
employment stability | referral bonus
possibility of working in hybrid model | flexible approach
Stay connected and receive alerts for jobs like this by joining our talent community.
We're more than just a company - we're a community! Follow us on LinkedIn to see how we support and empower our employees and patients every day.
Check our Glassdoor page for a glimpse behind the scenes and a sneak peek into You. Unlimited.
, life, culture, and benefits at S+N.
Explore our new website and learn more about our mission, our team, and the opportunities we offer.