Company DescriptionAt AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started.Job DescriptionRole Purpose:
The Accountant will be supporting preparation of statutory accounts, financial accounting and reporting according to US and German GAAP.Key Responsibilities:
QualificationsEducation & Qualifications
- Support preparation of local statutory accounts and tax returns on time.
- Support the statutory audits and any tax audits that take place.
- Perform actively Oracle month end activities including reporting as part of the small team (currently 2 accountants), according to US GAAP.
- Ensure the company complies with Aecom internal controls.
- Liaison with Shared Service Centres (Manila and Bucharest) for payments and invoice processing.
- Drive the improvements of processes for accounting processes and statutory accounting.
- Support AECOM's cash management & forecasting and liaison with Treasury department.
- Liaise closely with tax team for local request.
- Assist with any ad hoc requests from the finance and operational team
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
Additional InformationDesired Experience
- Minimum of 5-6 years' experience in similar role, preferably in a multinational environment
- Excellent written and spoken English and mid-level German is essential,
- Excellent Microsoft Office Excel Skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in an accurate manner
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to work as part of a wider team and with remote teams
- Excellent analytical organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Oracle is preferred
- Practical experience of US group audit or a US reporting environment
Geography OHBusiness Group:
DCSStrategic Business Unit:
Europe & IndiaCareer Area:
FinanceWork Location Model: