Did you know that we build some of the best sales people?
Groupon is an experienced marketplace that brings people more ways to get the most out of their city or wherever they may be. By enabling real-time mobile commerce across local businesses, live events and travel destinations, Groupon helps people find and discover experiences--big and small, new and familiar--that make for a full, fun and rewarding life. Groupon helps local businesses grow and strengthen customer relationships--resulting in strong, vibrant communities. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
Our Merchant Consultant
teams focus on building relationships with existing Groupon merchants around the world. We spend our days learning about what makes small-business tick and how to maximize relationships with merchants to ensure continued growth of these accounts. We might look like an ordinary ecommerce app, but under the surface we're using the latest technology to build products that help small businesses thrive in ways they couldn't have dreamed of before.
You'll focus on full cycle management of merchant accounts. Whether you're optimizing a live deal for a business that we've worked with for years, or negotiating to bring a merchant back on our platform, you'll be the point of contact for our existing merchants at Groupon.
Starting day one, you will receive hands-on professional sales training and learn the core skills needed to be successful. Through our training program, you'll learn about customer relationship building, Groupon's sales process, sales strategy, sales psychology, and moreYou'll spend time on the following:
We're excited about you if you have:
- You will be empowered to nurture and grow our existing merchant relationships. This includes re-engaging former merchants through cold calling to retain, consult, and close local deals
- You will facilitate revenue growth by improving and optimizing deals
- You will utilize knowledge of deal structure and strategy to reach Groupon's and
- merchants' desired outcomes and maximize satisfaction, engagement, retention, and profit
- You will develop familiarity with each merchant's business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, merchant economic model, and revenue/profit drivers
- You will provide support to your merchant base by problem-solving questions or issues related to their deal campaigns
- You will be expected to consistently achieve and/or exceed your sales targets and merchant satisfaction expectations
- German Native speaking
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Success in a sales environment
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Experience upselling and reselling over the phone and cold calling a plus
- Experience supporting Merchants is preferred
- Customer service, analytical, and problem solving skills
- You pay attention to detail and have a proven ability to multitask
- You have solid decision-making skills, customer-focused instincts, and sound
- You are well-organized and are able to prioritize tasks to work quickly and efficiently
- You're adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or
- tough conversations, you face them head-on
- You have strong negotiation and relationship-building skills, with a high degree of
- integrity and patience
- You have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Salesforce or other CRM experience a plus
#LI-HybrGroupon's purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses.
To learn more about the world's largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don't take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our inclusive employee groups. If all of this sounds like something that's a great fit for you, then click apply and let's see where this takes us.