H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
As a Payroll Specialist - German Speaker
at H.B. Fuller, you will step into a key role where your expertise will shape the financial well-being and employee experience of our global operations.Position Title:
Payroll Specialist - German SpeakerLocation:
Mindelo, PortugalPosition Overview:
Reporting to the EIMEA Payroll Supervisor, your primary focus will be to support end-to-end payroll administration, for Germany and Austria. You will play a vital part in ensuring accurate, compliant, and timely payroll processing, tax compliance, and accounting. Moreover, you will be an integral part of our exciting Global Payroll Transformation project, revolutionizing our payroll processes through automation and harmonizationPrimary Responsibilities:
- Monthly end-to-end payroll cycle processing including new employees, terminations, relevant salary amendments, overtime, etc.
- Perform all general ledger functions related to payroll, including but not limited to balancing and recording all payroll related journal entries, accruals, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, research reconciling items, data requests, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all local, company, and statutory regulations.
- Solely manage and administer Time & Attendance and Flex Benefits systems.
- Point of contact for external Payroll, T&A and Flex Benefits providers.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with employees at all levels, resolving any inquiries in a timely manner for assigned countries.
- Drive continuous improvement mindset by challenging existing processes, providing innovative solutions, leveraging KPIs and best practices to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Fluent in German, both oral and written.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in payroll and general accounting (multi-countries experience is a plus).
- Fluency in English is mandatory (other languages are a plus, e.g., French).
- Solid accounting knowledge, including journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations, and closing activities.
- Working knowledge of software, systems, and technology (Excel; knowledge of Workday is a plus).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience with complex ERP systems [SAP preferred] in matrixed organizations.
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet deadlines and the ability to multi-task.
- International mindset and strong customer focus.
- Must demonstrate strong security and confidentiality practices.
- Enthusiast for continuous process improvement.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and proud to have created a collaborative culture where employees around the world are seen, heard, and respected. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or marital status or status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected classification.
H.B. Fuller does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, employment agencies, or staffing firms. To conduct business with H.B. Fuller, a written service agreement must be executed by Human Resources prior to submitting any information relating to a potential candidate. Without a signed service agreement, H.B. Fuller shall not be obligated for payment of any fee or compensation.