Project Manager (German speaking)
Location: Gorgonzola, Italy
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
Gorgonzola hosts Navigations Air Systems (NAS) domain. The activity of NAS domain: avionics, navigation and radar systems for civil air traffic and technologies supporting the activities of civilian and military pilots, ATC controllers and technicians of several airlines, air traffic control agencies and Air Force around the world. Italy is the Group's Competence center for the design, production and delivery of Navigation Aids products and Competence Centre for the delivery of non-Radar Surveillance Products.
Detailed tasks description and responsibilities
Accountable for customer projects in the domain of Airspace Mobility Solutions (NAVAIDS and Non-Radar Surveillance) with sales, costs, cash and project quality responsibility, ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved.
Tasks and responsibilities are among others:
• Ensuring all necessary planning, execution and acceptance activities throughout the delivery of the project
• Representing Thales interests within the assigned area of responsibility
• Analysis of the contract content and implementation in delivery and service packages
• Creating and updating of project baselines, cost and time schedules
• Conducting negotiations with local subcontractors regarding project-related subcontracting and construction work in cooperation with the purchasing department
• Managing customer requests and contract changes to closure • Managing external suppliers
• Creating and maintaining project documentation using Thales internal process instructions and tools
• Defining and managing all elements required to successfully deliver the project (incl. design, maintenance, training, spare parts supply, documentation, etc.)
• Executing of lessons learned from the project delivery and corresponding feedback to the departments
• Participating in offers, create schedules, cost and risk assessments
• Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
• Certification IPMA or PMI project manager (or comparable)
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in project management in international business environment
• Proven experience in stress management is essential
• Proficient in using planning tools (MS Project and Excel), spreadsheet, as well as the other typical office applications.
• Good knowledge of business administration, contract management and supplier management
• Driving Change Order Management and "upselling" in running projects in close cooperation with the Legal & Contracts and Sales community
• Ability to monitor project performances through relevant indicators (financial and schedule efficiency)
• Good knowledge of financial data and business plan
• Ability to manage international customers in multi-supplier environments
• Proven experience in different industry schemas (JV, Consortium, ATI, RTI o Co/Sub-contracting)
• Very good language skills in German, spoken and written.
• Very good language skills in English, spoken and written.
• Knowledge of Italian language is a must.
• Other languages desirable.
• Good knowledge of relevant national / international regulations and standards for air traffic control is desirable
• Independence and creativity in solving problems
• Project team leadership skills, lateral leadership
• Negotiation experience and strength in dealing with international customers
• Willingness to travel worldwide
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!