Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Deaf or Hard of Hearing, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Military Veterans, the Elderly, the LGBTQ, and Justice Impacted individuals. This position is open to candidates who reside in and have the legal right to work in the country where the job is located.
Company Name: NielsenJob Description
At Nielsen, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to grow in their career. When you join our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you become part of a community that supports your success. We want to see you thrive because when you succeed, we all succeed. Let's work together to innovate, think big, and continuously improve. We value your skills and contributions for a brighter future. Schedule Editor, German ABOUT THIS JOB
Gracenote Global Video Data is an extensive collection of TV, movie, and on-demand data from around the world. Many TV providers and streaming services rely on Gracenote to power their schedules, enhance video search, and help viewers find their favorite shows. With detailed information about movies, TV shows, sports events, and more, Gracenote improves user interfaces and discovery. It is the only provider of descriptive data and stunning imagery on a global scale.
We are looking for a Schedule Editor for the German market with fluency in German. The role involves efficiently managing and curating television schedules. You will be responsible for processing and updating electronic programming guides (EPG) provided by various content providers. As a Schedule Editor, you will also maintain and improve the Gracenote database, which powers our consumer product and enhances the user experience. You will report to the Ingest Metadata Production Team Leader, who oversees daily operations in the German market. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acquire, normalize, and enhance entertainment metadata (television electronic programming guides) from various content providers.
- Process and manipulate data using in-house software tools.
- Maintain high-quality, accurate, and timely content in the Gracenote database.
- Investigate and verify programming content when necessary.
- Run quality assurance checks on the live database.
- Analyze and propose process improvements.
- Contribute to team and department projects.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Proficient in German language (B2 level or above).
- Interest in and knowledge of various sports is beneficial.
- Experience using computer software, databases, and strong keyboarding skills.
- Experience with content management systems is advantageous.
- Ability to work well in a team and communicate effectively.
- Accurate and deadline-driven work style.
- Good knowledge of television, movies, and VOD programming is a plus, especially in the German market.
Apply for this job