Senior German Payroll Specialist
Let us introduce you the job offer by EY GDS Poland - a member of the global integrated service delivery center network by EY.
At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. If you have good payroll knowledge and experience and you have good English/European/Asian language skills, you might be the one that we are looking for!The opportunity
The Senior German Payroll Specialist role provides subject matter expertise and support in payroll delivery to local Payroll operation teams. Opportunity to partner with the Global Payroll engagement teams to drive GDS Payroll delivery initiatives. Your key responsibilities
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Responsible for partnering with the Global Payroll engagement teams to drive GDS Payroll delivery,
- Deliver payroll processing service for German payrolls, ensuring the operational aspects of payroll processing and associated activities (including Build to Gross and Gross to Net, Pay processing, Post payroll validation, T&A management and reporting) are accurate and delivered within appropriate timeframes and comply with relevant legislation,
- Manage the Payroll volumes for multiple payroll clients with agreed turnaround time,
- Strong technical knowledge in Payroll regulations and be trusted advisor to country teams,
- Establish, maintain and develop strong and trusted client relationships that result in high client satisfaction and act as a primary day to day contact for assigned clients,
- Review and monitor for new code setup and monitor legislation changes are included in the processing,
- Manage payroll system set-up including data migration and transition (on-boarding),
- Work with multi-disciplinary functions (process & technology),
- Actively work with GDS Payroll Leader and internal team members in identifying and implementing the process standardization, simplification and automation opportunities,
- Manage the authorized payroll applications,
- Effective work planning and capacity utilization to manage an efficient service delivery.
- Skills and attributes for success
- Good understanding in German legislations, tax, social security, union agreements, etc,
- Good at project management and stakeholder management skills,
- Service excellence, customer orientation,
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office suite of products,
- Good understanding of a few payroll tools/technologies, ability to quickly adapt to new tools.
Ideally, you will have
- 2+ years of experience in processing German Payroll
- should be conversational in German language,
- Familiar with reporting monthly metrics to clients,
- Previous experience in handling high volume of full function payroll ,
- Payroll/HR/Finance/Systems background with an understanding of the core competencies of the payroll process,
- Proven ability to work effectively either as an individual or member of a team and relate effectively with staff on all levels,
- Should hold a Bachelor's degree in Commerce/Science/IT.
What we look for
- A payroll related diploma/certificate may be advantageous, but not necessary,
- Prior experience in tax accounting and finance would be beneficial, but not necessary,
- Experience with DATEV LODAS is a plus.
We look for candidates with proven experience in people management and strong experience in Payroll management.What we offer
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) is a dynamic and truly global delivery network. We work across six locations - Argentina, China, India, the Philippines, Poland and the UK - and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the delivery of the EY growth strategy. From accountants to coders to advisory consultants, we offer a wide variety of fulfilling career opportunities that span all business disciplines. In GDS, you will collaborate with EY teams on exciting projects and work with well-known brands from across the globe. We'll introduce you to an ever-expanding ecosystem of people, learning, skills and insights that will stay with you throughout your career.
About EYEY | Building a better working world
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.