Support Engineer - German speaking (full remote position)
Valiantys is the leading global consulting and services firm dedicated to Atlassian. We accelerate business transformation by digitizing processes and modernizing teamwork, using the best Agile methods and tools. Our Atlassian technical expertise is unparalleled and we support our customers across the entire spectrum of their projects on those platforms. Because teamwork requires more than just tools, we help them bridge the gap between their applications and strategic practices such as SAFe and ITIL. Over the last 15 years, we have helped in excess of 5,000 customers to achieve their desired business outcomes at a reduced time to value, through improved team collaboration.
At Valiantys we talk straight, we share and take part, we are mindful of what matters, we make every interaction remarkable and we never stand still. If you think the 5 values sound familiar to you, we bet you will love working with us!
Valiantys is looking for a full remote support engineer based in Senegal. If you are based in another African country and meet the requirements, you can still apply.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity within a forward-thinking international tech company, come join our energetic and driven 24/7 support team.
Things you'll be working on :
- You will provide technical support & advise our international customers on their use of Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, HipChat, etc.) and Atlassian ecosystem add-ons.
- You will be responsible for managing service requests and incidents.
- You will be the clients' first contact point, advising them through the situation and proposing clear and simple solutions to answer to their requests within the defined SLA.
- You will feed and improve our documentation through your ongoing experience with the customers.
- You will work as part of a team to report on support activities and strive for continuous improvement in this domain.
Part of your everyday tasks will be to:
- Ensure Atlassian tools advanced configuration (modify screens, assign permissions on Jira workflows...)
- Create Confluence page templates, manage spaces and user groups, configure security rules...
- Configure Tomcat and Apache HTTPD servers
- Set up certificates (SSL...)
- Analyze logs
- Write Groovy scripts
- Manage AWS servers migration
What you need to be successful
You have a master's degree or just graduated in computer science or/and you have at least two years of experience in customer technical support.
You speak English & German fluently.
You have strong knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
You feel at home with system administration and have already written scripts under Linux.
You are craving a dynamic work environment where you'll have a large amount of autonomy and responsibilities.
You are a great listener and have a real sense of the end result.
You know that providing great customer satisfaction on a human level is what will make a difference!
Otherwise, you are a curious and fast learner!
A nice to have :
You have experience with Cloud platforms e.g. AWS.
Ideally, you have already worked with Atlassian tools and are comfortable with the ecosystem.
Previous work experience in an international context is appreciated.
Why you should apply?
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Valiantys is not only a great place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Ownership. You will have a very strong influence on the Talent Acquisition strategy and will have ownership of your territory
Training. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Salary & benefits: We reward our people well for their hard work plus we have an excellent benefits package.
- Up to 80% health insurance
- Financial participation to your internet subscription
- Home-Office Program
- International work environment and a multicultural team
- Fun activities and get-togethers with the team, free coffee and tea, because it's always welcomed!
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram ,Youtube and Welcome to the Jungle