At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It's the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we're ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.Department Overview
You will be part of multi-disciplined project team dedicated to work on design and delivery of complex mission critical voice and data systems. The systems may be used directly by our customers or by Motorola Solutions to deliver Managed Services to our customers. You will work in the post sales phases of projects and may support multiple projects in parallel depending on size and complexity.Job Description
This is an opportunity to join the International System Integration Post Sales team as IP Transport- and Network Security Systems Engineer (SE).
The role is primarily responsible for carrying out IP Transport- and Network Security design, integration of IP telephony systems, as well as cyber security / vulnerability management for both customer-facing and internal applications, network and infrastructure. You will be working on multiple different projects that provides the autonomy to own the role and expand your knowledge at the same time. There may also be a requirement to provide support to pre-sales activities or perform upgrades or resolve issues with operational used systems.
- Create detailed IP Transport- and Network Security designs to develop communication system solutions and services that satisfy the requirements of the customer, end users and operators. This will include project specific IP Networking- and CEN interfacing solutions to integrate and connect TETRA / Broadband PTT / LTE radio systems to existing customer IP network infrastructure.
- Create system documentation and equipment lists using relevant tools and processes.
- Undertake presentations of technical solutions and services to customers, project teams and management. Discuss, develop and agree IP networking / security interfacing solutions by considering the given customer network design and the MSIs product specification standards.
- Work together with Project Managers to help track progress, decisions and changes.
- Support the Field Engineering team during system commissioning and acceptance; improve IP network configurations for integration into existing customer networks.
This role requires a flexible approach to reflect constantly evolving business and customer needs whilst developing and applying pragmatic System Engineering practices across a portfolio of related projects. Key to success will be effective working with partners through timely and relevant communications, while providing strong levels of support to project and portfolio deliveries across cross-functional delivery teams.Basic RequirementsKnowledge, Skills & Experience:
Achieves a level of results typically associated with a person having (minimum of) 4 to 6 years of relevant project experience. Has achieved a progression of demonstrated experience. The System Engineer will have a strong background in the design/deployment of systems solutions within the mobile communications industry. Ideally, this experience should include working within a complex project environment.The following skills are considered essential:
The following skills are considered highly desirable:
- Excellent knowledge of IP networking, network protocols and services.
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Network skillset to CCNP level or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued).
- Deep understanding of LAN / WAN networking technologies (e.g. E1 / Ethernet) and protocols (e.g., MST, VRRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, VoIP).
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, load balancers, VPN, IPSec, QoS).
- Excellent experience in configuration of Network Security elements (e.g. Firewalls, IDS/IPS, content management, anti-malware from various industry-leading brands.)
- Deep knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, Hypervisors).
- Ability to deliver project support, providing guidance and support to customers and create and maintain technical documentation and security guidelines.
- Good communication skills and confidence to present solutions to potential customers
- Knowledge of (LMR /Mobile communication / LTE) Radio systems and Security preferable
- Experience with IP telephony solutions e.g. Asterisk PABX, SIP protocol, legacy QSIG protocol.
- Understanding of cryptographic concepts and technologies.
- Demonstrative awareness of security standards such as ISO27001, NIST CSF, SOC, GPG13, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of security assessment and audit tools, techniques and methodologies (penetration testing, vulnerability and ethical hacking).
- Experience of commercial and public domain security tools, software and threat actors. Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning Performing network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
- Ability to interpret threat assessments and translating their relevance to various technologies.
- Knowledge sharing with the capability to develop and deliver security-training material to technical staff.
- Fluency in English and German, both written and spoken.
- The position is based in one of Motorola Solutions regional Central Europe offices (Berlin / Idstein / Vienna / Krakow / Warsaw), home working or at a specific project/customer location.
- The role requires the flexibility to travel within the Central Europe region for short periods (typically up to 2 weeks at a time). The candidate must be eligible to work in GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND and POLAND.
- Willingness to obtain relevant customer Security Clearance to work for Government projects.
- Valid driving license.
ExperiencedReferral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions Systems Polska Sp.z.o.o