The Tactical Buyer supports global operations by ensuring effective execution of direct and indirect procurement activities, arranging material supply, and resolving operational issues. This role secures cost efficiency and master data control with focus on tactical support and timely execution.Focus of activity (1 of 2)
Focus of activity (2 of 2)
- Compliance with all internal and external safety guidelines regarding environmental protection, occupational and traffic safety in accordance with the GRACE EHS System and immediate reporting of defects and misconduct
- Support of category sourcing that continuously improves suppliers' and contractors' compliance with Safety, Health & Environment and Corporate & Social Responsibility standards.
- Work closely with category managers and business units to establish and deliver procurement requirements and compliance with existing procurement contracts
- Follows all SOPs and WI as defined by Grace policies, practices and procedures that ensure risk mitigation and quality standards are met
- Manage transactional buying activities and support wider strategic category management including converting compliant and approved purchase requisitions to purchase orders within SAP Ariba and SAP ECC platforms.
- Monitor and challenge non-compliant buying activities
- Confirms with suppliers' accuracy and acceptance of PO information and updates as required, including cost, quantity and delivery details.
- Proactively provides tactical support for senior-level buyers and Category Managers on routine procurement issues, i.e. invoice and receipt discrepancies, expediting orders.
- Maintain current accurate records and files of all vendor agreements and related procurement records (including material master, info records, source lists)
Competencies (1 of 2)
- Supports continuous improvement results in current purchasing procedures, always focusing on the elimination of waste and non-value-added activities
- Maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers. Resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements
- Understand demand/spend profile for commodity areas, and provide this information as necessary
- Manage any supplier issues (i.e., cost, quality, delivery, customer service)
- Maintain system data integrity and measure performance on related key indicators (examples: past due purchase orders, open PO acknowledgments, PO expedites, non-conforming material return, and supplier invoice resolution).
- Communicate effectively with representatives in other departments for supply orders, keeping those employees up to date on the status of orders that have already been placed.
- Manage supplier quality expectations and identify suppliers needing corrective actions. Manage suppliers through the SCAR process to recover on delivery, material, or service expectations.
- Participate in project work to identify, document, and lead cost-down initiative projects as needed.
Competencies (2 of 2)
- Bachelor's degree and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Functional Procurement experience supporting tactical activities for direct and indirect categories within a manufacturing organization.
- Ability to operate effectively in different cultures and across geographies, including managing stakeholders and colleagues remotely (across distance and time zones) desirable.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to champion the vision of the Procurement organization.
- Ability to facilitate several activities at any one time, priorities workload and effectively communicate current positions.
- Ability to balance total cost of ownership (TCO), strategic and tactical delivery desirable.
- Good professional command of English and German language. Other languages are a plus (French, Spanish, Portuguese).
- Structured yet flexible. Comfortable with/able to thrive in conditions of change and complexity desirable.
- Ability to drive behavioral change desirable.
- Knowledge of price and cost analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication, time-management, problem-solving skills; Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
- Proficient in SAP ECC and SAP Ariba
Dignified Workplace Commitment:
- Guaranteed 14th month Pay
- Above-market Retirement Plan Design
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Established Performance Incentive Program
- HMO coverage for employees on day 1 (with pandemic coverage)
- Free HMO coverage for up to 3 qualified dependents
- Educational Assistance
Grace is committed to providing a dignified and inclusive work environment for all employees and welcomes and encourages diversity. This means that all employees are entitled to be treated in a respectful, professional, and inclusive manner, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, religion, or any other aspect of their identity.