At Motorola Solutions, we believe that everything starts with safety. It's the constant that empowers people to confidently move forward. It can fill a flight or sell out a stadium. It can care for a patient or graduate a class.
As a global leader in public safety and enterprise security, we create and connect the technologies that help to keep people safe where they live, learn, work and play. Our integrated technology ecosystem unifies critical communications, video security and access control, and command center software, enabling collaboration in more powerful ways.
At Motorola Solutions, we're ushering in a new era in public safety and security. Bring your passion, potential and talents to a career that matters.Department Overview
The Technical Support Operations (TSO) department supports a global customer base of multi-technology advanced two-way radio communications systems. These systems are the go-to technology for customers around the world who need clear, instant and reliable communications.
The systems cover Land Mobile Radio infrastructure and devices based on
APCO/TETRA standards (for which Motorola Solutions are market leaders),
our WAVE PTx family of LTE / Broadband PTT systems, as well as the expanding array of connected Smart Public Safety solutions.
These are all expanding markets with high growth expected.Job DescriptionKey responsibilities of a Technical Support Engineer:
Basic RequirementsAs a Technical Support Engineer you will require:
- As a member of our Technical Support team you will be the technical expert providing second line user support to a range of devices.
- Your role will be to characterize, replicate and solve technical issues. You will have a physical lab at your disposal consisting of different types of devices that will help you troubleshoot and find solutions to technical challenges.
- Some topics will be outside of your technical competency and you will work with different product and engineering groups to provide a solution to the customer.
- Most of the customer issues are complex and they will require excellent analytical skills. You will support different radio communications technologies (e.g. TETRA, LTE), body-worn cameras and video solutions. You will use Kepner-Tregoe problem-solving methodology.
- You will receive queries through our first line support and decide on channels to use in order to connect with the customer.
- You will work with a variety of verticals, mostly within governmental, but also commercial space and your fluency in English and German is a must (for example you will support German Federal Police, UK Police and Public safety organization in Norway and Austria to name a few).
- Stay current on new and emerging technologies.
- It may happen that some issues cannot be resolved remotely and you will be required to travel to the client site (1-2 times per year). You also need to be prepared for on-call duty.
- You can develop within the TSO organization by learning different technologies, becoming a technical subject matter expert or choose a managerial path.
- Open and direct communication with excellent verbal and written skills in English and German
- Ability to understand the complexity of systems architecture
- Strong analytical mindset
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a Technical Support role
- Project management experience with multiple projects completed involving multiple stakeholders
- Significant proactive contributor to customer knowledge and success via documentation creation and improvement
- 1 or more Intermediate Level Certification
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar
- Experience in radio communications/telecommunication, practical knowledge of TETRA, LTE, Body Worn Cameras, DEMS, ITIL would be an asset
Travel RequirementsRelocation ProvidedPosition TypeReferral Payment Plan
- Trainings and broad development opportunities e.g within Continuous Talent Development program
- Opportunity to gain industry recognized certification e.g CompTIA, ITIL etc.
- Access to a vast range of on-line training, industry periodicals and e-books.
- Competitive salary package.
- Yearly salary increase (depends on individual performance)
- Yearly bonus (depends on company performance)
- PPE (Employee Pension Plan)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Strong team-oriented culture
- Comfortable work conditions (high class offices, parking space)
- Remote work possibility
- Flexible working hours
- Volleyball field and grill place next to the office
- Lots of sport activities such as Moto football league, Wakeboarding, Snowboarding, e-gaming league etc.
- MultiSport card or MultiKafeteria vouchers
- Private medical & dental coverage
- Life insurance
Motorola Solutions Systems Polska Sp.z.o.o