Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported full-year 2022 revenues of $2.9B, a growth of 18% over 2021. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 8,000 people worldwide.Are you Interested in working at Dexcom and being part of our Technical Support team, specialising in German, but you cannot see any suitable open positions? Please apply against this requisition and we will contact you as soon as a suitable position arises.This role is based remotely in the UK, and you must have the Right to Work in the UKRole Summary:
As a Technical Support Representative at Dexcom, you will be interacting with patients, parents, caretakers for people affected by diabetes that use Dexcom products utilising your German language skills. Your assistance gives the entire family a sense of comfort and ability to move forward with their lives in a positive and productive way. Working in a dynamic environment with our dedicated and focused team, you ensure a high-quality experience for each patient by appropriately engaging and connecting with them as you provide troubleshooting assistance to determine why the service, equipment or feature is inoperable and/or to troubleshoot their issues so they can use Dexcom products as intended.
We positively encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to the job vacancy.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take calls on patient inquiries, product/service concerns, and technical issues relating to Dexcom mobile apps, cloud software and associated hardware. Access and update patient accounts through computer-based systems. Monitor current procedures to ensure compliance with set standards. Provide technical support and training to patients and healthcare providers.
- Serve as first point-of-contact for patients and medical professionals. Help with patient support issues. Coordinate with Customer Advocacy to ensure records are maintained to a high standard.
- Take calls on patient inquiries and complaints. Respond to patient phone calls and emails with troubleshooting tips and specific instructions. Review and discuss data with patients. May require some training of patients over the phone.
- Use and maintain software and databases appropriately. Document and analyse patient and product information, send replacements and samples, and perform patient follow-up per department standards.
- Participate in new product training (as required when new products are launched).
- Comply with all elements of the Quality System, regulatory requirements, and patient confidentiality and privacy as outlined for the position.
- Promote and maintain high-quality technical support standards within the Technical Support department achieving the agreed service levels.
- Ensure that Dexcom maintains satisfactory results in the periodic customer surveys.
- HND level educated and/or 1+ years of relevant customer/technical support experience.
- Fluency in English and German, both written and oral communication.
- Sound working knowledge of all Windows/Mac OS X operating systems and associated web browsers Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Proven experience of supporting mobile apps, both iOS and Android, as well as Cloud based reporting systems.
- Knowledge and experience of providing support across a number of social media channels.
- Innate ability to troubleshoot and problem solve issues while exhibiting strong customer service skills and excellent phone acumen.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including effective listening skills and ability to communicate accurately and effectively in person, over the telephone, through email and other business correspondence.
- Superior phone acumen and ability to show empathy to customers.
- Ability to retain detailed information, troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Strong proficiency in troubleshooting issues and thinking through problems.
- Able to work flexible hours on a rotating schedule including evenings, holidays and weekend.
- Ability to work independently with supervision as required and with other departments.
- Desire, drive and willingness to be part of a very fast-moving company.
- Technically proficient skill set in the areas of troubleshooting medical devices.
- Multi-lingual candidates; covering English and one other supported language in our direct markets.
- Degree level educated in a computer-based discipline.
0 - 25%Why Dexcom?
- Join a dynamic, fast-growing and innovative global organisation in the MedTech industry.
- Be part of a company with an important mission and take on a role with purpose and impact, making a real difference to those living with Diabetes.
- Carve out a long-term career and enjoy access to outstanding training and development programmes.
- Work with over 5,000 colleagues in a fast-paced, fun and open working environment.
- Attractive benefits including Performance-Based bonus, Private Pension, Life and Accident Insurance, Monthly Allowance towards Private Health Care, Team Events, Recognition Awards, Health & Wellness Services, Training, Education & Professional Qualifications Support & Product Discounts.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dexcom. Only authorized staffing and recruiting agencies may use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes on specific requisitions. Dexcom does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to the Talent Acquisition team, Dexcom employees or any other company location. Dexcom is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.