Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well... you might just be in the right place!
We're looking for an Underwriter - Lightspeed Capital (German Speaker)
to join our global LS Capital team. You'll be responsible for all aspects of underwriting, boarding, and risk, you will be the primary point of contact for merchants throughout the entire Capital lifecycle. From eligibility through funding and repayment, you will support merchants throughout each step of the process. You will be a critical contributor to a fast-growing team and program, working to grow a mission-critical Lightspeed program. What you'll be doing
What you need to bring;
- Conduct due diligence and accurate and complete reviews of new merchants applications, and make funding recommendations;
- Validate all documents provided with new applications using online publications and resources provided;
- Review and analyze new, pending merchants' credit and business reports to assess potential future liability;
- Communicate underwriting decisions to merchants account managers, and coordinate with both groups to clarify information for applications that do not pass through Level 1 underwriting;
- Board all applications and advances in our system, create custom contracts when required;
- Advocate for the Lightspeed Capital program, within the organization as well as to our customers;
- Help merchants to understand the Lightspeed Capital program, benefits, process, and requirements
You'll be joining a small global team who play a crucial role in growing a mission-critical Lightspeed program.
- 2 years of experience in SaaS or payments industry, as a customer service specialist, or operating as an Underwriter or Risk Analyst
- Lightspeed is a rapidly growing and changing company. You must be excited about new challenges and be able to embrace change
- Enthusiastic and analytical person that enjoys investigation and problem-solving
- A customer service mindset. You genuinely care about your customers and helping them grow their business
- Fluent in German and English. An additional language such as French or Dutch is a great plus.
We know that people are more than what's on their CV. If you're unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the 'Apply' button and give it a try! What's in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that's creating new jobs everyday
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact
... and enjoy a range of benefits that'll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Health and wellness benefit of 400 EUR/year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer Day Off
- Employee Technology Purchase Program
- Free lunch, snacks and drinks at the office!
- Many fun events and activities!
To find out more about our benefits click here !
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you're proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here .
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal's gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs. Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Lightspeed handles your information in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Statement .